Please refer to this page weekly to see the home learning for your child.
Have fun learning!
HOMEWORK FRIDAY 21ST JUNE
In Nursery we have been learning lots of new welsh phrases. As a whole school all children have been set a welsh homework competition to encourage more children to speak welsh and raise the profile of the welsh language. We would like the children to creatively write or model any of the welsh words below so we can display them around the nursery.
Croeso - Welcome
Bore da - Good morning
Prynhawn da - Good afternoon
Hwyl Fawr - Goodbye
Barod - Ready
Ga I - Can I have a...
Diolch - Thankyou
HOMEWORK FRIDAY 7TH JUNE
For homework this weekend we would like the children to practice reciting numbers. All children are working at different stages in their development of reciting numbers. Below are the developmental stages, please start at number 1and keep going until your find it difficult. The stage you find difficult is what we would like you to keep practising over the weekend. Have fun saying your numbers. Remember you can use number rhymes to help you!
1.Listening to number rhymes and join in when you hear numbers you remember within a song, nursery rhyme or story
2. Reciting numbers forwards to 1-3, 1-5, 1-10
3. Reciting numbers back from 3-0, 5-0, 10-0
4. Saying numbers 0-20
5. Start counting and saying numbers from different starting points e.g. 13-20, 11-20, 15-20.
Half Term Homework
After half term our new topic will be...
Dens, holes and hiding spaces.
For homework we will like the children to explore the outdoors and get ready to be healthy and confident explorers of the outdoors. This means being active outdoors, taking risks and devloping an interest in the world around them.
For homework we would like you to take a picture of the children at their favourite place they like to go outdoors (park, woodland area, lake) and either print it off or email it to Mrs Sherwood at
There are also new activities on mathletics to be completed.
Have an amazing half term.
Read write inc sounds in the back of the home learning book (Older nursery children)
We have assessed the children and the sounds they are unsure of are the ones we have set to practice.
Mathletics counting homework
Have a great bank holiday weekend
Half Term Homework 12.4.19
Our next topic after Easter will be 'Mary Mary Quite Contrary"
In this topic we will be finding out about what is in the garden e.g. plants, Minibeats and we will also be finding out what we can grow in our garden.
For homework we would like the children to complete one of the following.
- Draw a picture of their own garden - adult to write what is in the garden
- Design their dream garden - what would they like in their garden e.g. swings, swimming pool, apple tree etc. etc. Adult to write what the children would like in their dream garden, be as imaginative as you like!
- Take a picture of their garden, or any other special garden they like to visit, e.g. roath park gardens, which can be shown to the rest of the class
Children only need to complete one of the tasks. However children can complete all tasks if they wish too.
Also, we would like the children to practice the sounds they already have in the back of their homework book. After Easter we will be moving onto the next set out sounds. Mathletics homework has also been set.
Have a blessed Easter.
For homework this week we want the children to retell the story of 'Going on a Bear hunt' through creative movement yoga. The children have been taking part in activities related to the story all week so should be really confident in retelling all of the story or just parts of the story. Below is the video on YouTube to take part in the yoga retell. Below are some of the 'reading' skills we have been focussing on this half term during our topic of 'Bear Necessities'
In Nursery we are learning to....
- Hold the books the correct way and turn the pages
- Make meaning from the pictures in stories
- Recall details of the story we have been listening to
- Talk about what might happen next
- Listen to a range of stories and show enjoyment and interest in books
HOMEWORK: 22.03.19 Tedi Twt - This week we have been learning about the weather in Welsh. Read the story with your child and say the weather names in welsh.
Home Learning book
Trace over the journey lines that baby bear followed to the Nursery