Healthy & Fit
Healthy and Fit Committee 2021-2022
We are proud to be in the Healthy and Fit committee and value our role in making St Philip Evans a healthier and fitter school. Here our some examples of where we have had the most impact:
- Fruit trolley relaunch after covid-19 restrictions easing: we carried out class surveys to collect data and see what fruit everybody would like to see in our school fruit trolley.
- Healthy lunchbox tokens: we designed our own lunchbox token sheets and then voted as a committee on which design to roll out across Years 2 - 6.
- Daily mile evaluation: we asked everybody how they feel about the daily mile. We love it!
- Hap-pea Friday: our school dinner option on a Friday includes peas. As a committee, we are starting 'Hap-pea Friday!' to make eating peas more fun.
- Glitter Bugs: we loved using Glitter Bugs to learn more about hand hygiene. We evaluated our session and thought it would be extremely beneficial for all classes to use the glitter bugs, especially given the current pandemic. Our committee members said, "We want to stop our classes from closing so it would be helpful if everyone washed their hands properly".
"We are learning to be Healthy, Confident Individuals"
The Healthy and Fit Committee started Healthy Me week with an assembly,sharing the exciting activities for the week ahead and the importance of reinforcing healthy habits, good nutrition and physical activity. The committee members shared clear messages about how to make healthy choices and make some changes to their lifestyle.
What healthy change will you make this week?
2018-2019 Healthy and Fit Committee
Meet our Healthy and Fit Committee members.
Please tell us any suggestions that you have. Our committee members are always happy to listen.
Check out our hashtag on twitter #SPEHealthyandfit
SPORT OUTREACH PROGRAMME
As a drive to improve physical activity levels and engage all pupils in sport. We took part in a Sport Outreach programme at Cardiff Met University. Pupils from year1 to 6 took part in a morning of sport. Experiencing over 10 sports and learning new skills. They had so much fun!